Vegetable Peeler

10:43 PM Unknown 1 Comments

There was a time when I did not care much about what vegetable peeler I used in my kitchen. I initially bought the Rachael Ray peeler. It was orange in color and loved the way it looked. Very fancy!! One day, while cooking with Meera and Pooja (Yes, we like getting together and cook random yummy stuff! ) and Meera happened to have used my peeler to peel carrots. And she went like, "Preethi, this this thing takes out too much of carrot flesh! I'd rather use a knife to scrape the peel off!" And she literally used a knife.
This really put some thoughts into my mind. Like was it really taking out too much of flesh off the vegetables? Then I used her peeler and she was absolutely correct!

And hence it is very important to have a good peeler that takes out very less flesh.
I got the Ikea peeler. Very comfortable and peels like a pro. Doesn't take out much flesh and I love it!! Costs about $5 and a steal! Available in their website or in-store!
Image copied from Ikea website

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Now you can make many different variations of a raw diet,vegeterian, and other healthy recipes with kitchen tools.

    ReplyDelete